This past week, our family traveled from Boston, MA to Atlanta, GA. We made our way south and back by plane, train, bus, and car…and lived to tell the tale! Traveling with a special needs child can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some useful tips to make your travels smooth sailing this summer.
Exceptional Lives SSI Guide
SSI is Supplemental Security Income. Learn about how this federal benefit can help your family, and how to apply for either a child or adult.
Stay tuned for upcoming Exceptional Lives Guides, which show you what to do and how to apply for benefits, services and support, including:
- What to Do When Your Child is Diagnosed with Autism
- Getting Special Education Services from the School System
- How to Get the Most from Health Insurance
- How to Support the Transition to Adulthood
- Employment: How to Prepare for Getting a Job